Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Set Shoryukens Collectors in September
Collectors are in for a treat this September, as Capcom will be releasing a Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector’s Set this September. Housing various items and mementos from the Street Fighter franchise, the collector’s set contains the following items:
- Experience Past and Present Street Fighter Games: Gamers get a snapshot of Street Fighter with four critically-acclaimed games that represent important chapters in Street Fighter history. The collection features Super Street Fighter® II Turbo HD Remix, Street Fighter® III Third Strike Online Edition, Super Street Fighter® IV Arcade Edition with all costume DLC, and Street Fighter® X Tekken® including all character and Swap Costume DLC.
- Light-up Ryu Statue: Standing 8 inches tall, the highly detailed Ryu statue features the iconic character in mid- Shoryuken with flames that light up from below. The collectable statue has been specially commissioned for the Collector’s Set and is not available anywhere else.
- Blu-Ray Video Set: The exclusive Blu-Ray two-disc set includes a documentary that highlights the profound influence the franchise has had on fans – and vice versa – throughout the years. The disc also includes Street Fighter IV and Super Street Fighter IV Anime movies as well as all episodes of the Street Fighter animated series and Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie.
- Soundtrack: 11 discs worth of Street Fighter music spanning the past 25 years. Two of the discs include remixes and fan-created music inspired by past Street Fighter games.
- Art Book: The 64-page art book pays tribute to Street Fighter fans from all over the world and includes fan pieces submitted by professional and aspiring artists alike.
- Full-Size Ryu Martial Arts Belt: Created to regulation specs, the black belt is a replica of the one Ryu wears and even includes his classic “Furinkazan” in kanji!
- Certificate of Authenticity: Each Collector’s Set will come individually numbered complete with a certificate of authenticity.
You get all of that goodness for $149.99 on either the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3. While it is most certainly a nice value for the price offered, there are also a few rather strange omissions here: considering this is a 25th Anniversary set for the franchise, the games included in the set are all recent releases on the Xbox 360 and PS3. Long-time Street Fighter fans would most certainly be let down that classic entries such as the original Street Fighter or the Street Fighter Alpha trilogy are noticeably absent here. Why are they absent in the first place? It’s not as if they have not been released in prior compilations before by Capcom, so it wouldn’t have been too difficult an effort to include in this milestone compilation. Also, it is curious to note that the set includes a Blu-Ray with all the various Street Fighter anime films – with the Xbox 360 not including Blu-Ray support, does this mean that the Xbox 360 edition of the collector’s set will still include the Blu-Ray, or will it instead just be DVD only?
I suppose we’ll find out when the set is released to the masses on September 18, 2012 for both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. In the meantime, you can check out a quick video of the set, as well as some images of the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector’s Set below, with the nice-looking box that features the beautiful Raging Demon symbol!